Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Getting out of Aurora, plus some speculation

It's times like this I wonder if investing in a cell phone would be a good idea.

I'm going to be getting out of town tonight, and beginning a hike a few miles long. It may take me a few days to get to a different town, settle in, and get myself put back together for another entry in this blog. So, if you don't here from me, that's why. Hopefully. I haven't picked where I'm going yet because I want the most effective walk and I have to head west, so my options are limited.

I'm interested to see how our tall friend reacts to this and if I'll see him at all along the way. I'll get pictures if he shows up at all.

So, on that subject, it's time for some brain-shitting from Shaun! As I already mentioned, I'm going to be hiking my way westward for the next few days, and I want to observe a particular phenomena. If Slenderman does actually show up while I'm out there, I wonder...does he come out more in the day, or more in the night? This could be of great help in moving about without being followed by him, which I think is a good thing. I don't think anyone WANTS Slenderman on their ass, right? Right.

Another thing that has been bugging me is the whole business with trees. Ever since M posted that thing about trees and brains up on his blog, I've been really stuck on this one idea. Things we know:

-trees are some of the oldest living things on the planet
-trees have an interconnected hive-mind thing that lets them know when danger is afoot.(thanks Scarlett, whoever and wherever you are!)
-the trees seem to give Slenderman power
-many of his victims are killed in the forest.

What does all this mean? Well, I don't know. At least I don't know for certain. But I have some theories.

From what we can tell, Slenderman is linked to trees in some very obscure, very arcane(sort of?) way. He seems tied not to their biological systems, but to their emotional and cognitive ones instead. This leads me to believe that he may be part of the hive-mind that trees have with each other. I'm sure not all trees do this, but a great amount of them might and maybe he draws his power from that. Note: NONE of this is certain and I don't expect everyone to 100% agree with me. I'm just throwing this out here because it seems logical and I need something for my mind to chew on for a while.

Now, there is also Slenderman's strange behavior and appearance. He's not human, he's not tree, but he's sort of somewhere in between. Like a tree trying to BE a human. You see where I'm going with this? Slenderman is mostly ignorant of human culture, customs, and biological systems. He's taken what he sees on the outside; the business suit; the death-'hug'; and th eoverall appearance, and he's made it into his 'skin' so to speak.

Talking about this stuff makes it feel even creepier than it was in my head, honestly...:/

Anyway, when Slenderman touches you, everything sort of...falls apart. M and I discussed this and we both agree it is both very painful and very scary. It's like the world being broen up piece by piece from the inside out. My theory n this is that when he touches you, he's trying to get into your brain in the same way that trees are linked. He wants to create a human hive-mind, which explains the hallowing out and a lot of other things.

He is a creature of feeling, a creature brought about almost purely by our human fears. But he is not part of this world and he is not supposed to be. Which is why I believe he is trying to create the human hive-mind that he is. He wants in, and we have to keep him out.

I'd continue this enchanting reverie, but it looks like the family I used this laptop from is coming out. Gotta go skip town I guess.

Peace,
Shaun.

1 comment: